Synergia is an international network of individuals and organizations united together with the aim of implementing new models of economic and social practices which can be able to transition societies to a more sustainable, democratic and social just model of political economy based on the principles of cooperation and the common good.
In order to explore those models and to share the experiences of some of the leading experts and practitioners in those fields, the Synergia Institute will organize a two-weeks Summer School in September, titled “Transition to Co-operative Commonwealth: Pathways to a New Political Economy”. The Summer School will take place in Monte Ginezzo, Tuscany, from September 11th to September 23rd. The overarching focus of the Synergia program is to answer the question: What is the ethical economy and how does it work?
The program blends together lectures and workshops with site visits to leading co-operatives and common activities in Tuscany and Emilia Romagna, in order to unite the global with the local through the diffusion of ideas, models and practices. The instructors of the courses will be some of the very finest minds and practitioners in their respective fields of study and practice:
- Michel Bauwens: Founder, P2P Foundation; Co Author, Network Society and Future Scenarios for a Collaborative Economy.
- Pat Conaty: Fellow, New Economics Foundation; Research Associate, Cooperatives UK; Co Author, The Resilience Imperative.
- Renate Goergen: President, Le Mat Europe; Board Member, European Social Franchise Network (ESFN).
- Christian Iaione: Associate Professor of Public Law, Guglielmo Marconi University of Rome; Fellow, Urban Law Center at Fordham University; Director, LabGov – Laboratory for the Governance of the Commons.
- Mike Lewis: Executive Director, Canadian Centre for Community Renewal; Co Author, The Resilience Imperative.
- Julie MacArthur: Assistant Professor, Environmental Politics & Public Policy, University of Auckland; Author of Empowering Electricity: Sustainability Co-operatives and Power Sector Reform in Canada.
- Jason Nardi: Co-ordinator, RIPESS Europe.
- John Restakis: Executive Director, Community Evolution Foundation; Adjunct Professor, Simon Fraser University, Author – Humanizing the Economy – Co-operatives in the Age of Capital.
- Marco Tulli, Emiliano Cecchino, Davide Bonsignore: Off Grid Academy.
The deadline for applications for the Synergia Summer Institute is August 12th. The course is now available at a lower rate. You can have a look at the updated brochure for more details and at Synergia Institute’s Facebook page for updates.
Il Synergia Institute organizza una Summer School di due settimane a Settembre, per esplorare, studiare ed implementare nuovi modelli di pratiche economiche e sociali. La Summer School avrà luogo a Monte Ginezzo (Toscana) dall’11 al 23 Settembre. Le iscrizioni chiudono il 12 Agosto: è un’occasione da non perdere!